Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Thai Culture & Ethics Course @ CTLS


Primary Menu

Skip to content

Pateyo*

Iz*myLife!










Home » Uncategorized » English Teachers Thai Culture and Ethics Course with CTLS Language School

English Teachers Thai Culture and Ethics Course with CTLS Language School

Posted on October 8, 2014 by phatheya

‘taken@TC&EC
I joyned CTLS in June 2010 after’learningThai’atWalen-school for’one year.
They did the’documents as well.
I’ve got their de-tails&address from the internet due toBaht-bus advertisement.
But it wasnt really easy to’find that’place.
I had to walk up and’downSoiYume and’jus’tried to go in’that’drive and’some-how’found it then.
I was wel’comed by the’staff and’asked, if I want a’coffee; which I found’very nice’
Then Chris Gleeson, the Director and “owner” of’the’school came’and we sat down on the’sofa to discuss’things.
When I mentioned I come‘from Walen’ he’straight went in-to‘details of controversy between the’schools.
I was just wondering‘why he is’telling me so much’about the business-difficulties? It doesnt give’a good impression’
Al’most certain I would join the’school any-way be-cause of the best financial offer’in’town I negotiated the total amount.
Because I wasGerman, he’called his assistant-manager and’teacher Thomas SpanKnoebel in’ even it wasnt really necessary to’me but Thomas came very straight forward and’used selling-techniques;not knowing that I have decided’al’ready. Thus I just let him talk’and’went over to my most important issue: the’price.
I pointed out the web-site and Chris’agreed to a 2000 Baht discount for changing’school but I asked for’further discount forExpatsClub-members as it was seen in a’video on that’web-site but then Thomas’jumped-in’ and’meant: Thats enough discount and Chris’said: This’video is’from’last year and there the’price was 28ooo Baht. But I insisted that the’video dusnt say that’and it would need to be removed or at least there must be an additional statement to’this’ but then Thomas’gave it back to me and’said: OnlyGermans would misinterpret it and’ask for even cheaper price. I thought actually’theJews are like that but’never mind 20 k was al’so okay and I didnt want to spoil it now, as there was no better offer at this’time any-way and I needed to continue my ED-visa.
So’nex’time I paid to Thomas’surprise even in’full’and’went to’class regularely but with’two weeks delay be-cause Tina’ the nicest’teacher I witnessed at the’test-lesson had left’
I actually joined the’school al’so be-cause of her but now she was gone. The new teacher Noi seemed to be’nice as well. Chris tried her once at the kitchen when she still slept at the school and then she moved to another place.
Comparing to Walen I thought the copied teaching-material to be even better and the’teachers tried their best to teach us really.
Now I learnedThai’better and’could speak’simple sentences out of’mind.
But since’summer (rainy season) I thought’to be-come a’teacher my-self.
I was reading‘blogs on the’internet and’talked to’friends.
When I got my first chance’in’kinder-garten I told Chris’and’asked for his’advise as well.
He then offered me the Teachers Thai Culture&Ethics course:
I put you’free on the list.
As they are al’so’recruitment-agency ‘foreign teacher I thought’may-be he wants to place me some-where and that I would be able to get the important legal documents (especially’work-permit) he would like to invest in me and’not charge for it but later’ when I would be indirectly working for him, he’would make his monthly pro-fit on my earnings any-way.
So I said yes’put me on the’list Chris’
The’course was on a’week-end then but Chris’called me during the week al’ready:
I need your pass-port and’pictures for’registration. But you have’al’ready!
He made it complicated but I said I ca’not come-in now, as Iam practicing away from Pattaya.
In the end it wasnt a problem and we made’picture’ when I arrived at’school.
Chris gave-out some’documents included’bills and’said to me: For you’later. I said okay’but’wondering: why’later?
Then Thomas’came’and’asked me, when I would pay’
Now it was’clear’ ‘there must be some-thing wrong’but I didnt wonna tell’toThomas, as he is’very pushy any-way.
I waited for Chris’to come and’ask’him for it.
It was’time at the first’break and I saidChris I need to talk to you about the billing-issue. Thomas’asked me for it but you’invited me’for free!? ThenChris be-came outragious and’shoulted at me: What you expect to be free? Every-one’has to pay! You think I can give you some-thing at no cost? Yes I was thinking that but didnt say any-thing any-more’be-cause he said’clearly now that I would have to pay the full amount of 4500 THB at a’time, when I was nearly out of’money! I wasnt prepared for it. I said toChris’ Okay-okay dont worry; you will get the’money’but I need some time for it please. He al’so gave me‘choice to leave’rightAway but I couldnt’be-cause first of all I believed’that with this TCE course I would increase my’chances to find’employment and second I was still’student at this’school with’dependencies regarding’visa-documentations. They then could easily refuse any further assistance: Go’get done your visa some-where els’and’get a’lawyer for your’money!?
So I better played’the’game.
The course it-self was done byChris&Thomas’ two foreigners talking about a’culture and’ethics, where they dont be-long to and’can not obey, no matter how many experiences they might have. To me it was’useless as the given information wasnt really of’practical advice. Later I shall learn some other rules in dealing with Thais in’business, which was never taught at this’course.
I shall further realize that Chris’wasnt really interested to employ me either. After two months and’reminders ofThomas I was then able to pay the’bill. Until then the’relation-ship was on ice and when they’got the’money Chris’happily asked’me about my teaching-situation and I told’him that there is’no employment at the’moment. He’smiled.
After that he didnt talk to me for’long time.
When I asked the staff for a photo-copy of my’visa, just in’case’police stops me; he then jumped in and’didnt allow / even it was just one or two Baht worth it.
Then Thomas asked me after’school and I then told’him that Chris’actually offered me the’course for free.
He even believed me some-how, as he had experienced similar situations with him: Chris’some-times for-get’things.
Yes’but I have lost’money be-cause of that insanety.
On the other hand, it would have been al’so quite possible that it was all set up; a’trick to get one’more as he knew I was dependent any-way coz I paid’full at the beginning for the one year.
Thomas’told’me that Chris was even watching me during that’course, how much I drink and’eat from the’inclued buffet. And by the’way: When I joined the’school and we discussed’discounts Chris&Thomas mentioned that I am getting it so cheap with be-low 200 Baht’an hour and’even’free coffee’but it wasnt the’case. Some-times I’ve got’free coffee down-stairs at the’office but later’brought my own coffee with me. We were served only’water, which is’okay but’false promises again. I also tried to connect with him on LinkedIn but he refused and instead some of his staff befriended with me.
This information isn’t meant to harm anyone but just to inform.

‘diploma
About these ads
Occasionally, some of your visitors may see an advertisement here.
Tell me more | Dismiss this message



Leave a Reply









No comments:

Post a Comment