Monday, March 9, 2015

Mister Gerry - NaYu Apartment / Soi Wat Dan SamRong


Primary Menu

Skip to content

Pateyo*

Iz*myLife!










Home » Uncategorized » My life in SamRong at NaYoo Apartment

My life in SamRong at NaYoo Apartment

Posted on October 7, 2014 by phatheya
           
In October 2011 I applied for a teaching-job and therefore moved to that area.
The boss of the agency recommended me to stay where also other Filipino teachers will stay – at NaYoo apartment, Soi Wat Dan SamRong.
At the day of the job-interview we already reserved the room with Mister Gerry who is the landlord of the building. He was just under the shower and came out with no shirt on; apologised and showed the room number 302. The price was with 1700 THB + 200 Internet and electricity&water quite cheap but only about 10 sm. I was happy to have secured accomodation instantly.
The day of signing the work-contract I moved in there and signed the rental contract with him as well. It included a 2 months deposit, which would be refunded under conditions. I signed and accepted these conditions because I wanted to have everything done. The room needed some renovation in the bathroom thus I was transferred to an even smaller one – just opposite.
It is the room-number 305. After one night I felt that I actually also could take this unrenovated room and asked Gerry to give it to me for just 1500 a month. He didn’t want first but then gave in. Thus the deposit was 3000
I knew I can stay cheap in 9 sm included bathroom but I could adjust to it.
My friends visited me and said: I couldn’t live like you and especially the mattress… very old and damaged / hanging through in the middle. After a while I even got a backache from it.
Luckily after 1 and half years Gerry Coombes offered me to exchange it to a new one and even put a metal-bed inside. I was very glad about it. Now I could sleep properly. It was a totally different feeling then. And he didn’t ask for more money either; otherwise I might have refused his offer.
But there were also problems in this house. It was actually the worst place I ever stayed in TL but I accepted because of the price. A good paint was missing in the house and there was always leakage in the bathroom. One time the water ran over and out on the floor and I helped him cleaning.
Another time we had a problem with a thief and had to go to police-station with him. The poor man was then arrested on drugs as well but Gerry didn’t want further procedure at a court because then they would check everthing; especially on the house ownership.
He bought the house 7 years ago for 14 million Baht !!! Instantly I realized that it was too much. The price was too high. Later I calculated just 4-7 million at most. Thus they did a monkey business with him (stupid foreigner can pay double price) and probably shared the profit. But that’s not yet the end because the day he wants to sell it, then he will see what he can get. My guess is even less than 4 million. He might know it well but of course it’s hard to admit the defeat: fucked over again.
Strange I found that at the ground-floor there are hanging pictures to show, who he knows or was with. One is called a police-man; more precisely: fourth police of Thailand, then it changed to third and now it’s even second. It sounds very childish to me. Believe it or not. But he said that this man is his friend and can help him with everything when he has a problem. Would it be for free or did he pay already?? Anyway I never needed a policeman as friend but when you do something illegal then you might need someone to bribe!? Also in Pattaya I met some strange guys relying on that and I think they had problems as well. If you are righteous you’ll not need such connections anyway.
Then it became a problem that Gerry T. Coombes was talking about me not in a good manner. He didn’t see it that way of course. One needs to know that he was a bouncer for 17 years thus he has that unrespective attitude but always wants to be honored and if not … not good! When I was sitting upstairs on the rooftop with a Filipino tenant he saw it on his CCTV and came to check. He then said: Don’t listen to this guy; he is talking bullshit all the time! I was shocked about his statement but didn’t say anything. But when it occured again then I thought I have to ask him to stop this nonsense. As I Did he exploded and gave me one month notice to leave. Okay I prepared myself; found another place and when I wanted to move he turned around and asked me to stay. He even praised me like the Thais do and I gave in because he did so. I thought he doesn’t like me anyway but he could not confirm this. I explained to him that it’s not good to talk like that to the other customers but a time later he did it again. That time he became very jealous because the Filipinas invited me for a chat in their rooms: Always talking to the girls, was his every time comment but then he added: If you don’t like him; kick him out! Then I understood what was wrong with him.
Under these conditions one can’t feel well anymore and my wish to leave grew. Finally I got the idea and announced my departure. He knew it already from the Filipinas one day before because I told them that they can have most of my belongings. He didn’t like that. Gerald Coombes, as the boss in the house; always wants to be informed first. Freedom of speech isn’t possible there. He needs to be pleased and adored. Kind of foolish pride.
He also wasn’t really interested in WHEN I move out and said: I might not be here then anyway.
Then I reminded him of the deposit and he replied: Read the contract! And added some otherundecent words; like I am scum and shall not bother him.
I read it and realized that he can confiscate everything if he wants. I am not sure if it’s all according to the law but I signed & accepted it. Still I hoped that after 3 years paying always at the first of the month that he would be fair enough like all other landlords before him. But he wasn’t.
I even cleaned the room and called him to check it before I was going to leave. He saw the mattress was sat down at the foot-end because I used it as a seat for playing the computer on the ironing-board. There was no chair&table provided and also no space for it anyway. He insisted on misuse: I can’t offer it to the next customer … but he offered me the worst mattress 3 years ago! Thus I guess, he will give it to the next Filipina tenant anyway. It could be easily covered up by a blanket or the mattress simply turned around and they would accept it for sure. Then he told me downstairs: Come on in … I don’t need to give you anything back because of the damage you did and also because there was NO one month notice. But it must be added that he would renovate the room anyway and after that a new tenant was waiting already. That means: He wouldn’t have much loss of income.
He seems to think that the tenant must cover everything and replace items. Thus the rental fee shall be just his profit. But other landlords don’t do such business. They calculate loss&damages in and pay it off from the rental income as well. Only when willingly something was damaged they would deduct it from the deposit. They are interested in a good customer relationship but Gerald T. Coombes seems not. He didn’t want to let me go for whatever reason (we must hold together here … against who) but when everything was set then fuck off.
Gerry can’t get along with the Thais and always complains about them: They never make it right. And I would be going downhill – halfway Thai already. The neighbors hate him as well and they wish him bad luck. He reacts aggressive and even violent like a crazy dog sometimes. One has to watch out!
He has an income of approximately 70ooo + also because of electricity surcharges and knew about my finacial situation of just the tenth of his. Still he was’nt able to listen to his heart instead of clinging to the money.
I remember he used to say: You’re not listening to me but did he ever listen? No Gerry knows everything better and the others are just stupid. But in the end we shall see who is the fool.
His general attitude is thus revealed: Not a good guy at all! He called me names like crook and stupid to others. And even to me he complained about other customers: They don’t show respect. One example are the Thai tenants who usually don’t greet the landlords while passing by. He doesn’t understand the Thai culture. He just came too late with 50 + and can’t change his attitude anymore. A quote says: You can’t teach an old dog new tricks and this truly applies to him and so many other foreigners in TL who are just so stubborn, arrogant&ignorant and all have to pay the price for it. It frustrates them; some even kill themselves over it.
When I rented a room in SriRacha with a Thai-Chinese owner family I learned that you don’t go there and just say politely Hello to them when you have no further request. They think about business and nothing else; they don’t want any private relation to the customer and the customer does the same. But here he expected that the customer is always  friendly smiling and talkative (listening) and whatever.
He also revealed that he feels so lonely; even he is very busy and seems to have alot of contacts but no real friends: I need a woman to talk to. I was puzzled: A woman? Why a woman for talk? You can talk with anybody. Okay he needs a partner. Then you find one; you have enough money!
Anyway I am very disappointed now. I really needed this money for my journey. But I didn’t want to beg him either.
Somehow it will come back to me anyway as he will spend it easily or lose it to some pretenders.
But Gerry meant: There are no ghosts! And there never was. I am a spiritualist! I talked to a dead person already! Aah there we are! He contacts the dark matter. Thus I understand now, why these strange things occur. He shall better turn to the light. But when the Filipinas honestly invited him to come to the church then he lied and said: Yes sure I am coming but didn’t go of course. So much respect he has to others and god. Thus he deals with evil powers and is possessed by it.
 
About these ads
Occasionally, some of your visitors may see an advertisement here.
Tell me more | Dismiss this message



Leave a Reply









No comments:

Post a Comment