Tuesday, March 10, 2015

International KinderGarten "Kiddie - Grand Nursery"


Primary Menu

Skip to content

Pateyo*

Iz*myLife!










Home » Uncategorized » The KIDDIE Grand Nursery school in SriRachA Area near BangPra (ChonBuri)

The KIDDIE Grand Nursery school in SriRachA Area near BangPra (ChonBuri)

Posted on October 9, 2014 by phatheya
At the end of my first teaching-engagement after only 1 month and difficulties to get the full agreed salary of only 12000 Baht I proposed the following information to her:
Dear’villagers! To-day I will have to in-form you ab-out a’business with-in your’area and its dubious practises. Iam’student for Thai-language and’started to practice my’teaching-skills at The KIDDIE GrandNursery-school. I have met Khun Nut by random in SriRacha, when she advertised’new position forEnglish-teacher at her’place. Straight I applied for that’job and’two weeks later I could start’at September 20th. I found the’place very nice developed and every-one was’friendly to me/at the beginning. At the’job-inter’view I asked for the usual 20-25000 salary‘foreign teacher would get per month here in Thai-land on’kinderGarten-level. She pleased me to come’little bit down and finally we agreed on just 15-17000 during’probation-time of 3 months. For me it was just a good start’to gain’experience and may-be some-thing’could develop out of it. We were al’ready talking about a future one year contract. You might even have seen me some-times in the’morning walking to this’place. After one week I was al’ready deducted to the usual Filipino-teacher salary of only 12000 Baht (promising’me not to deduct’further more) be-cause’she could see’that Iam not a real teacher yet, as she said’ but I could see that she wasnt able yet to generate that’money for all of the staff: probably 5-6000 for Bum – the’helper, about 8000 for Fah – the Thai’teacher and then 12 for me;would be together approximately 25000 THB but the in-come through the’customers is’just 6000 per child.
I counted’maximum 13 children’per month but that’s’the total amount. Three’have been out-sourced: one of them be-cause of a very well known scam’of about 20 Million Baht by her’mother towards an-other child parents, the other’was a’boy, who al’ways cried and then Gay had to leave’be-cause he’complained ab-out Khun Nat’s violence towards the’children.
I have seen it’my-self and’was shocked’ it really hurt’to see that but’cudnt do or say much about it; it looks like’she some-times loses’control’and’hurts the’children by slapping them on the’mouth or even’uses’items like’books to through them on their’heads! It happened rarely I have to admit but it happens. She’told’me that we use’force here’to educate the’children.
I under-stand’that the’children need to be put in-to’right direction but I dont believe’these practices are correct; especially towards such youngsters aged just 14 months to 3 years old..
I wonder’what the’parents would say‘or’do’when they could see it? An-other’praxis is’separating the’children: Unwanted children like Atom, who she sees as a disabled child with’down-syndrom;will be left al’one at an-other room and no-body really takes care of him, as the’parents don’t pay enough’any-way / as she said’ There are certain parents, who appear to be rich with 5 different Mercedes’each’day or a BMW worth 20 million Baht etc’ which impresses her so much’that their kids must be treated specially and the others aren’t so important’ The only one foreign child Henry is’very important’but she al’so asked me to leave him’and’play wi’the other Thai-kids instead, as he can speakEnglish’any-way.
I have actually never seen more than 5 children attending’at one time. Thus you can calculate 30000 in-come. As there are al’so expenses’it is’very obvious that she cant pay me’and there is’actually no-thing’about’poor skills or what so ever. I never got the’feeling that they would be really interested in me’working for them. Bum was al’ways smiling brightly but some-times I could see her real face-expression too. Fah wasnt really smiling any-more and I assumed some’envy be-cause of’salary? Even though’there was not much’communication between us, we still got along’ I knew that they were talking about me al’th’time and’the two’women would report’any-thing I do’ even wrong assumptions. But I didnt care’as long as Khun Nat would talk with me about the’issues; unfortunately this’very important’constructive communication-tool was al’so missing. She never liked to confront the’problems, even I asked her for doing so but’little minor things like having a’nap at’noon’or shaving my’beard’be-came suddenly’important issues. Ive got next to no’support from her or’the’staff for doing my’job’well and’improving my’skills;
had to teach’two hours blocks in the’morning and at the after-noon.
I did my’own research on the’inter’net.
One time my’teaching-praxis was totally revoked by her and this’in’front of the’customer (children and parent) that was very unprofessional behavior!
I did my’best I could’but’needed some’directions to’perform’better and the’support of Fah’getting the’childrens attention.
One’time on a’mon-day I just sat down on the’matt’ and’waited’what will happen: the’children played for themselves and Fah didnt send them to’me’ither.
At least it was good for’experience, to’know: that I really have to go for them.
But in a’team you need to work to-get-her and we’need each-othersupport;this’was totally missing.
Only one time Nut arranged a good set-up for’teaching’ so that I knew how to do it and’last fri-day; when I performed at my’best’ Fah then joined’and supported’for a’good show entertaining the kiddies’that they were still singing the’songs when I was leaving the’class-room! That was a great feeling of’success and’that I was on the right track al’ready;just need’to continue this’way. But Nat was’strange’this’day as she didn’t talk’or’responded’to’me at all and she had some’phone-calls’talking about hot-mail and’virus etc. The’mood was very strange’and I could sense’there was some-thing in the’air.
Then I was asked to do some other’stuff at the’computer. I al’ways’needed some’time to get familiar with it but Nut wasnt really patient.
When I still’got it right in’time and it worked-out some-how then I had to show it to Fah (theThai-teacher) so that she could do it her-self and I wudnt be needed’any-more.
Fortunately this’stuff was probably to’hard to under-stand for her any-way I guess.
The’problem with Khun Nat was that even she was living in the US for about 11 years and’had’chance to be surrounded by native speaking English people, her’accent and’pronunciation is’so bad, that you wont believe’that she was there for so long’and even working in th’same business asGeneralManager!?
Thus her’orders could have been mis’under-stood al’th’time. I would have to ask’again, to’know’what she want.
Then again: decisions have been changed rapidly. Thus it was’hard to do the right thing for her.
Despite all’these’things I was still interested to work there and’gain’experience.
I didnt care’bout the lowest salary a foreigner was ever offered in ThaiLand for a teaching-position.
Even’collegues cudnt believe’and’were joking about it but I still wanted to continue’and helping‘her business.
But unfortunately I had to learn towards th’end’that her’business wasn’t really with-in th’educational systemand’would be considered more as a baby-sitting/day-care center, as the’facilities aren’t sufficient in’space and’rooms and the area of’land is’less than the required two rai. But’even worse for me: she would probably not be able to provide’me the absolutely necessary legal documents for my’job’likework-permit, as she promised’me’at the’job-inter’view: Ive got al’ready one for my previous Filipina-staff (even though its’well known’that they aren’t really in’need for it and’can even work on’tourist-visa, with-out any hassle by’immigration’be-cause they’fit in-to theAsian category (looking likeThais)) She would need ‘two more staff to employ, to be able: to let work a farang-face’ thus she was knowingly lying to me’from th’beginning?
To’th’end of the’month-period I needed to go to’immigration for’reporting my’address and’visa-extention.
I told’her that it is’an extra-ordinary duty and’not a day-off, as Iam forced by’law to do this’
She’needed to release me from my duties as’teacher for that’day.
She’asked’me, if I would be able to return for’work’same day but I had to say: No it’s impossible’as I wouldnt be there before 3pm starting from 6-8am in the’morning.
There would be too many things to do about the’visa.
When I came back’next day I was confronted with an-other personal&financial problem.
The’money of my’account was gone and I had just 1Baht75 in my’pocket.
As this’was the’last day of the months period any-way and we never’talked about the’pay-day I asked’her about 7:30 am when she usually wasnt ready to talk’ if she would have some’time to talk with me about some’important issues.
She asked me to wait for her in the’office and’would just get her’glasses to read my’passport etc.
But unfortunately I waited and’waited’till 12 am!
Normally at 8:30 I had to start teaching’the kiddies but I needed to know, if I would get my salary to-day;other-wise I wudnt do any-thing.
As she didnt turn-up, even not during that’period to ask’ are you coming for’teaching’or not I just completed my’work at the’desk.
When she finally came’at’noon’
I apologized to’her:
Iam very sorry Khun Nat, that I cudnt attend’class but I was waiting for you 4 hours’to be able to talk to you about a’problem of mine.
Then I tried to tell’her but she said’ It isnt my’business.
But I remember’to must’listen to her’stories about the bad villagers, who didnt like to have her business’there.
I need to ask you’if I can get my’salary to-day, as it is’the’last day and I have really no’money any-more/not even to come back’home by’songtaeow for only 12 Baht!
Of-course I would pay’you’she said’you dont need to ask me for that’
I know’my-self! I dont need’reminder from you!
Iam sorry’nut I just needed to ask you’only be-cause of my critical financial situation. I dont question your honesty!
Okay I will give you 500 now and then you can leave’
Leave? Yes’you can leave’as you didnt want to teach’to-day.
OohNut I wanted to teach’of-course but I needed to make sure that I would get my’money I have earned with you’by to-day!? Why you didn’t come’this’morning? I was to’busy wi’thekids! Ooh okay I under-stand’her’decision must have been out of the blue’ Yes I will send it to you’this’after-noon by’bank-transfer. And you really dont want I come back for’work any-more? Yes you can leave’as I have’new Thai-teacher, who can speak English&Japanese al’ready; as you have’seen her in the’morning. Okay Khun Nat, then I hope that I really get my money of then 11.500 THB and I put to-get-her al’my stuff and’left immediately with-out even saying GoodBye to the lovely children and’staff.
The next day I really got’money but it was only the’strange amount of 9.564,60 transfered’from Banglamung-NaGluea branch. I wasnt so sure then, if it was from her or’some-one else I al’so expected to receive’money. So I send’her’message and’asked for’money again.
On Thursday-morning around 9am the 21st ofOctober I received a threatening phone-call from her, that I should stop’bothering her about the’money. She has send’me and that’s it/other-wise she can send some-one over to me…that’s very nice move I thought’ I just completed Thai culture&ethics-course at my’school but I didnt learn some-thing like this’ she even’called my’friend before’and’told’him th’same’ but that’s not all. I send her an-other Email and’warned her, if she wants to play’bad game with me then I will go’public. Of-course she’called me soon after’and threatened me again with’family-police and what so ever. Now she explained’me her’version’why she has deducted my’salary again: I wasn’t working for 1 month be-cause’mon-day I went off to Jomtien’for theVisa an’didn’t come to’school and’tuesday I didn’t teach’ I see it just as very weak excuses for her-self in’order to save’money on me. I tried to explain’again but she wudnt’under-stand’
now I just want to let’people know, what is’going-on over there and every-one can think about it.
But luckily she turned herself around and sent the rest.
About these ads
Occasionally, some of your visitors may see an advertisement here.
Tell me more | Dismiss this message



Leave a Reply









No comments:

Post a Comment